New VRD1-AC 2U rack-mount system features up to 18 video inputs (HD-SDI, RGB, DVI, etc.) and up to 12 video outputs for viewing, compression, recording or distribution over a standard Ethernet network
ASHBURN, VA – April 18, 2012 – Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (CWCDS), a business unit of Curtiss-Wright Controls, is pleased to announce a 2U 19” rack-mount version of its VRD1-CC. The newVRD1-AC integrates switching, recording and network distribution of High Definition (HD) video into a standard rack-mount unit for use in a variety of defense applications. Like the VRD1-CC, the VRD1-AC delivers comprehensive functionality that previously required multiple or expensive customized systems. The VRD1-AC facilitates the integration of HD video management and recording into applications in naval, ground and wide-body aircraft platforms.
“The VRD1-CC represents a quantum leap in the distribution and use of video in a conduction-cooled unit and now the air-cooled version brings those same capabilities to less demanding environmental situations,” said Lynn Bamford, senior vice president and general manager of Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions. “Real-time access to HD video for recording and for situational awareness continues to grow, and systems are growing in complexity with more cameras and more displays with higher video data rates. The VRD1-AC has a high I/O count with multi-standard support and features high-quality industry-standard compression.”
A single VRD1-AC unit combines six (6) channels of full resolution HD 30fps MPEG4 H.264 compression, video and audio recording with metadata/event markers, and Ethernet video distribution or storage to removable disks. A simple, intuitive man-machine interface provides an on-board or remote operator with complete access to the VRD1-AC’s wide range of video management and recording options and functionality. Up to 18 video inputs in a mix of different standards, including HD-SDI, RGB and DVI, can be routed to any of the VRD1-AC’s 12 video outputs for real-time viewing or routed to the system’s real-time HD video compression subsystem for recording or distribution over a standard Ethernet network.
For applications that require multiple video streams to be viewed simultaneously, the VRD1-AC has a real-time scaling engine that scales and positions any four inputs into a single video stream for viewing, recording or distribution.
VRD1-AC Performance Features include:
- Eighteen (18) video inputs with switching, scaling and windowing:
- Six (6) RGB analog/DVI digital, up to 1920×1200 pixels at 60fps (RGB input includes support for STANAG 3350)
- Six (6) HD-SDI/3G-SDI digital, up to 1080p60
- Six (6) composite analog, CVBS/PAL/NTSC
- Twelve (12) video outputs
- Six (6) RGB analog/DVI digital, up to 1920×1200 pixels at 60fps
- Six (6) HD-SDI/3G-SDI digital, up to 1080p60
- Four (4) audio inputs and outputs in addition to 3G-SDI embedded audio
- Advanced video scaling, standards conversion, picture-in-picture and dual/quad display output
- MPEG4 H.264 video compression and decompression
- Up to six (6) HD channels in real-time
- Network video distribution of raw and compressed video
- Def Stan 00-82
- RTP and UDP
- Four Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Video and audio recording with metadata (e.g. event markers)
- Solid state storage support for up to two (2) removable drives
- Standard 2U 19” rack-mount unit with removable mounting ears
- Industry-standard audio and video connectors
- Auto switching 110V/230V 50Hz/60Hz AC power supply input
- CE and FCC Part 15 Class A Device conformance and marking
- Remote control over a network using XML-RPC API
- Built-in self-test (BIST) and status monitoring
For pricing and availability information, please contact the factory.
Sales & Editorial Contacts
Editorial Inquiries: Please contact John Wranovics, public relations director, Curtiss-Wright Controls, Tel: (925) 640-6402; email. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales inquiries: Please contact Jerri-Lynne Charbonneau, Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions, Tel: (613) 254-5112; Fax: (613) 599-7777; e-mail: email@example.com.
About Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions
Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (CWCDS) is a long established technology leader in the development of rugged electronic modules and systems for defense applications. CWCDS serves as a technology and integration partner to its customers, providing a full range of advanced, highly engineered solutions from modular open systems approaches to fully custom optimized solutions. Our unmatched capabilities and product breadth span from industry standard based COTS modules to complete electronic subsystems. The company’s modules and systems are currently deployed in a wide range of demanding defense & aerospace applications including C4ISR systems, unmanned subsystems, mission computing, fire control, turret stabilization, and recording & storage solutions. Additionally, the company’s broad engineering capabilities combine systems, software, electrical, and mechanical design expertise with comprehensive program management and a broad range of life-cycle support services.